Overseas Work permits Consultants & Agents
Apply Work permit
Work permit is mandatory for every foreign national seeking employment in Bangladesh. There are three government authorities issue work permit in Bangladesh.
- For private sector industrial enterprise, branch office and liaison office, outside of Export Processing Zone (EPZ) – Board of Investment (BOI).
- For employment of foreign national in the EPZ – Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority (BEPZA).
- For employment of foreign national in any NGO – NGO Affairs Bureau.
Work permit issued by BOI :
Private sector industrial enterprises, branch office, liaison/representative office desiring to employ foreign nationals are required to apply to BOI in a prescribed from. While issuing work permit, BOI usually follows the following guidelines:
- Only nationals of countries recognized by Bangladesh are considered for employment.
- Employment of expatriate personnel will be considered only in industrial/commercial establishments which are sanctioned/registered by the appropriate authority.
- Employment of foreign nationals is normally considered for the job for which local experts/technicians are not available.
- Persons below 18 years of age are not eligible for employment.
- A decision of the board of directors of the concerned company for new employment/employment extension is to be furnished in each case.
- The number of foreign employees should not exceed 5% in the industrial sector and 20% in commercial sector of the total employees, including top management personnel.
- Initially, employment of any foreign national is considered for a term of two years, which may be extended on the basis of merit of the case.
- Ministry of Home Affairs will issue necessary security clearance certificate.
If you are planning for achieving work permit in Bangladesh, Contact Us now !
We help you for issuing work permit
- The employer is required to publish a newspaper advertisement or online advertisement for the recruitment. This requirement is not always mandatory.
- The foreign national should arrive in Bangladesh with “E” (for employees) or “PI” (for investor) type visa. BOI’s recommendation might be required prior to issuing those types of visa.
- Within 15 days from the date of arrival of the foreign national, application for work permit should be submitted to BOI. A fee of BDT 5,000 is applicable in this regard.
The following papers/documents are required for new work permit:
- Application in prescribed form along with passport size photographs of the foreign national(s) attested by the Managing Director/Managing Partner/Proprietor/appropriate authority.
- Attested copy of the permission letter for Branch/Liaison Office/Company.
- Commercial Enterprise from the appropriate authority, if not submitted earlier.
- Board resolution regarding employment of foreign national(s) including salary & other benefit.
- Memorandum, Article of Association and Certificate of Incorporation of the Company duly signed by shareholders, if not submitted earlier.
- Attested photocopy of passport with arrival stamp ‘E’ type visa for employee and ‘PI’ type visa for investors.
- Attested copy of service contract/agreement and appointment letter, in case of employee.
- Attested copies of all academic, professional and experience certificate for employee.
- Paper clipping showing advertisement made for recruitment of local personnel prior to appointment of the foreign national(s).
- Statement of manpower showing list of local and expatriate personnel employed with designation, salary details, nationality and date of first appointment.
- Encashment certificate of inward remittance in favor of Liaison/Branch office for the last 2 years.
- Encashment certificate of inward remittance of minimum US$ 50,000 as initial establishment cost for branch/liaison offices and locally incorporated/join-venture and 100% foreign ownership companies.
- Up-to-date income tax certificate for branch office of the locally incorporated companies in Bangladesh.
All documents to be attested by the Managing Director/Managing Partner/Proprietor of the Company/Firm.
- Once the application is submitted, BOI would then sent letter to Ministry of Home Affairs for security clearance.
- After obtaining security clearance, BOI will issue the work permit.